What makes TCS unique and successful?
In PARTNERSHIP with CHRISTIAN HOME and CHURCH:
Trinity believes in and practices the triangle of church, home and school. We believe our primary responsibility in terms of teaching Christian beliefs is to provide Christian foundational basics, while our homes and various churches provide the doctrinal and theological differences. All of our staff are practicing Christians.
Teaching for Transformation
- Being purposeful in providing a Christian viewpoint in all lessons
- All of our staff are practicing Christians
- Trinity Christian School is ranked as a top academic school in south Calgary by the Fraser Institute. Click here for more information.
Support for Educational Accomodations
Broad Selection of Junior High Options
- One Chrome Book for every Jr. High Student
- Google Apps for Education
- Active “Smart” boards in every classroom
- Technology starts in Kindergarten
- Subscriptions for our students to
- Fountas and Pinnell (reading assessment and guided reading)
STRONG SENSE OF COMMUNITY:
Best word to describe TCS - COMMUNITY
- Parent Involvement High – highly valued and expected
- Strong relationship between Home, Church and School
- Service Projects are part of every classroom experience
- Buddy System (older classes mentor younger ones)
- All grades are included in monthly assembly/chapel and school-wide activities
- Jr. High weekly chapels
- Family Events (ie. Movie Night)
SMALL CLASS SIZES:
Kindergarten: 20 – 22 students per class
Grades 1 – 3: 20 – 22 students per class
Grades 4 – 6: 24 – 26 students per class
Junior High: 24 – 26 students per class
I am concerned that because TCS is a small Christian school, it creates an unrealistic bubble for my child. How do they cope when they leave TCS?
TCS is a small Christian community. True. But it is actually these qualities that prepare our children to be successful in the “real” world.
being small allows us
- the ability to work closely with our families to raise our children (…in partnership with home and church).
- provide a strong support system – our staff is not only very caring about our students’ academics, but they also focus on developing the individual gifts of each child.
- to identify and meet special needs.
we provide our students with a strong foundation in the Lord so they are prepared to deal with situations.
“I developed deep friendships with both my teachers and peers and this taught me what to look for when making new friends in high school and university.”
Rebecca graduated from TCS 2007
“I believe that TCS laid a strong Christian foundation for our children. When they were faced with some of the worldly challenges in public high school they were able to face them and stay true to their Christian beliefs. I believe that they have the opportunity to be a light in a sometimes dark place - offering hope.”
Parent of 3 students who attended TCS
“I have been able to cope with peer pressure because I have been taught that God loves me.”
Lexi graduated from TCS 2013
Does TCS have bussing?
TCS does not have bussing however, many of our families car pool.
TCS helps connect families for car pooling – another great way to get to know families.
Does TCS have Uniforms?
TCS does not have uniforms. We believe each child is unique and can choose what they would like to wear to school. However, there is a dress code which students are required to adhere to.
Which High Schools do TCS Students go to?
Does TCS provide Educational Accommodations?
We strive to be a school that is inclusive, where every student is considered a valuable member of the community with a significant contribution to make. We continually seek to access services or gain expertise that will prepare each student at TCS for a life of learning and service in God’s world.
TCS has resources to support all needs:
- 9 learning assistants
- Early Literacy Intervention
- Learning Supports Teacher
- Family Liaison Counselor
Additional Resources Provided at School from Outside Services:
- Music Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapist