We understand that choosing a school for your children is a monumental decision. If you have any questions about the application process, or would like to schedule a tour of the school, we would be more than happy to talk with you. Please feel free to give us a call at (403) 254-6682 or email us.
Accepting Applications for the 2019-20 school year.
STEPS TO APPLY
STEP 1 – Submit an Application
Click the Apply Now button to access our online application.
Please submit all the items on the application checklist (found in the application) by uploading them to your application, drop copies off at the school office, or email them to email@example.com.
In addition to the documentation required in the application, the following is also required:
- Citizenship document – copy of Birth Certificate, PR Card, Passport, etc.
- Report Cards – 2 current report cards (most current and the year end from the previous year)
- Educational Assessment – (if applicable) IPP documents, psycho-educational assessments, documents describing learning needs, etc.
- Application Fee - $250 payable online with PayPal or in the office with cash/cheque.
Your application will not be considered until you submit all applicable documents and payment.
If we do not have space available, you will be placed on the wait list and notified when a spot opens up. Please see Waitlist Procedures below.
STEP 2 – ACSCS Membership Interview
Once you have submitted a completed application we will review your file. Our Admissions Coordinator will contact you to schedule your ACSCS Membership Interview. We want to partner with your family and your church as we educate and disciple your child(ren). We want to get to know you!
The purpose of the interview is three fold:
- To begin a relationship through dialogue, sharing of faith journeys and answering of questions,
- To discuss the roles and responsibilities of ACSCS Members (ie volunteering, attendance at ACSCS meetings, payment of Program Fees and ACSCS Fees), and
- To ensure the parents’ eligibility for ACSCS Membership and to explain the process of approval to membership into the ACSCS.
Following the interview, the Society Membership application is presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
STEP 3: Administration/Learning Support Review for Classroom Placement
When there is space available in the applicable classroom, Administration and/or Learning Support will review the report cards and educational documents to determine the needs of the student and classroom suitability. Upon the recommendation of Administration and/or Learning Support, the student’s placement is confirmed. If there is no class space available, the student remains on the wait list until there is an opening, at which time a review for placement will be completed by Administration and/or Learning Support.
STEP 4 - Acceptance & Enrolment
You will be updated about the status of your application after each step. If you have been accepted into TCS our Admissions Coordinator will notify you by phone and email you an acceptance letter and your enrolment documents.
Other Items to Consider when Applying
Age Entrance Requirement
If you apply and we do not currently have space for your child(ren) your child(ren) will be put on a waitlist. We will always maintain your child(ren) on our waitlist, moving them to the appropriate grade(s) each year. The benefit of this is we will contact you if a spot comes available in the future. At that time, if you are still interested in attending Trinity Christian School you will have the opportunity to complete the registration process including an interview with our ACSCS board.