2021-22 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
The School has engaged an online tool called Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to assist in the program fee assistance processing. FAST neither decides whether program fee assistance should be given nor determines the amount to give. The FAST program provides a need-based financial aid analysis that includes an income verification process. The application process is not meant to be an intrusion into your financial affairs, but will enable the Finance Committee to give a fair evaluation to all applicants. All information stored in FAST remains confidential.
To help the Finance Committee review the applications in an equitable manner, the following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Trinity Christian School believes a family should invest in their child’s education before elective expenses, for example, secondary home ownership, club memberships, expensive car leases/purchases, and elaborate vacations.
- In the case of divorce or separation, Trinity Christian School requires both parents to file an application for tuition assistance. In unique circumstances, additional details can be requested by the Finance Committee.
Unfortunately, no tuition assistance process is perfect, but we will use our best effort in establishing a fair and equitable process to evaluate all applications.
Program Fee Assistance Process
- Access the FAST Program website by clicking the icon above.
- Click on Start Application in the middle of the first page. The online application process is self-guided.
- Complete ALL questions as applicable to your situation.
- Please make sure that your name on the application is as shown on your tax return.
- If you have any questions during the application completion process at anytime, please contact our system provider, FAST Call Centre 1-877-326-FAST (3278) which is open 24/7.
- Submit your tax returns and other requirements directly to F.A.S.T. via the scan option. You may also mail your tax information directly to F.A.S.T. Failure to do so will result in untimely delays in the review process.
- A fee of US$45 is payable online by credit card only. If paying this fee causes a hardship, please contact Jody Vriend, Finance Manager, at 403-254-6682 ext 282 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partially completed applications can be saved and resumed at a later time. Use the above link to resume your FAST application.
- It is important to note that once your application is complete and has been submitted, the application cannot be changed, nor can information be added. Therefore, we recommend that you download and review the application carefully before submission.
- Please be thorough when giving financial details and supporting documentation. It is VERY important to ensure that all questions on the F.A.S.T. Application Form are completed in full and that ALL INCOME and ALL EXPENSES are entered into F.A.S.T. Please note that any incomplete applications will result in untimely delays in the review process and can ultimately result in the denial of an application if insufficient information is given. You, the applicant, are responsible for ensuring that your information is complete.
If you have any concerns or questions about the procedure, please contact Jody Vriend, Finance Manager, at 403-254-6682 ext 282 or email: email@example.com
Program Fee Assistance Application Key Dates
March 1, 2021 – Application opens for 2021/2022 school year through F.A.S.T.
May 7, 2021 – Online application must be completed.
May 14, 2021 – All tax returns and documents needed to complete your application must be received by F.A.S.T.
Mid-End June, 2021 – Tuition assistance notification letters sent to families