We have renamed our TOC (Trinity Opportunity Council) to School Council.
The Purpose and Roles of School Councel
What is School Council?
- A School Council is a legislated, structured group of parents, principals, teachers, andcommunity representatives working together to support and enhance student learning.
- School Council is a means for parents and the school community to actively consult withand advise the principal and school board on school improvement planning and schooloperations, for which the principal is responsible.
What is School Council’s Role?
Decision-Making Authority of School Council
- determining School Council operating procedures
- setting policies to govern School Council activities at the school level, as described in the School Ac
- planning engagement activities that align with School Council’s legislated purpose
- choosing to advise the principal and school board
- Advising the principal and board on educational issues pertaining to TCS
- Establishing and reviewing School Council’s goals, objectives, action plans andprocedures
- Communicating and consulting with parents and the school community
- Meeting regularly
Thank you to our parents who have accepted positions on our School Council. Get to know your School Council Members (see below).
Chair: Stephanie Dyck
Vice Chair: Sophie Kolterjahn
Secretary: Nicole Sharpe
Our next meeting will be in the Fall 2021. Dates will be sent out at the beginning of the school year.
Please feel free to contact us with questions or comments by email@example.com
MEET OUR SCHOOL COUNCIL MEMBERS!
Stephanie Dyck: Chair
Stephanie and her husband Ryan have two children. Stephanie joined the TCS community in 2010 as a teacher; she taught grade 2 at TCS for 4 years before leaving to start a family. Stephanie and Ryan were thankful to return to the God-loving, Christ-honoring TCS community in 2019; this time as parents! They attend and serve at Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel and enjoy spending family time camping, bike riding, and playing games. Stephanie enjoys music, drama, science and economics, and loves to help children discover who God has created them to be.
Stephanie is excited to serve TCS as School Council Chair for 2021-2022.
Sophie Kolterjahn: Vice-Chair
In 2020/2021 Sophie Kolterjahn joined TCS and enjoyed her first year as a parent at TCS. Sophie and Nathan have three kiddos - Lydia (6), Grace (4) and Noah (2). Lydia had a very full-heart as a member of Mrs. Heinrichs’ 2020/2021 Kindergarten class.
Sophie works full-time as a Human Resources professional in the Energy sector, and Nathan balances seasonal work and being Mr. Dad at home to their three kids. The Kolterjahn family continues to be humbled by TCS’s commitment to preparing God's children for a life of learning and service in His world, as well as their partnership with the Christian home and church.
Sophie feels blessed and over-joyed at the opportunity to contribute to the TCS community by serving as Vice-Chair for School Council for the 2021-2022 school year.
Nicole Sharpe: Secretary
Nicole Sharpe has been a TCS parent for the last two school years. Nicole and Dave have three kids, Noah (7), Ellie (4) and Kate (2) and they feel absolutely blessed that their children are able to attend TCS. Noah loved being apart of the 1M class in 2020/2021 and Ellie is thrilled to be joining her brother at TCS as she enters kindergarten this Fall.
Nicole works part time as an Occupational Therapist within the Calgary school system and Dave works as an engineer in the oil & gas industry. It has been such a joy to experience God's love overflowing through the staff, students and families in the school community.
It has been on Nicole's heart to get involved and to serve at TCS, and she is very excited to be joining the TCS School Council Executive as Secretary for the 2021-2022 school year.