Last Friday all of our students had the privilege of going out and practicing being the hands and feet of Jesus as part of our second annual TCS Serves Day. Every class within the school considered the needs that they saw within our various communities and did something to be "Game Changers".
Each grade is participating in a variety of unique service opportunities, including:
- Kindergarten (Monday/Wednesday class): Writing notes of encouragements & baking/delivering treats to Midnapore Emergency Services
- Kindergarten (Tuesday/Thursday class): doing chores at home to raise money to buy books to donate to another school
- Grade 1: Sharing poetry, songs, and scripture at the Beverly Centre
- Grade 2: Acts of service around our school building
- Grade 3: Building encouragement bags for PATHS
- Grade 4: Sharing work and songs with residents at Providence Care Centre
- Grade 5: Doing a craft and sharing a snack with residents at Auburn Bay Heights Retirement Residence
- Grade 6: Organizing clothes from clothing drive & Highland Park community clean-up
- Grade 7: Midnapore community clean-up
- Grade 8: Making bag lunches and delivering them downtown
- Grade 9: Southview Alliance ‘to-do’ list and Waldon community clean-up
It was an incredible day that held great impact for our students, staff, and volunteers.
Serves Day: Grade Five
Service Project: Made crafts and shared a snack with residents at Auburn Bay Heights Retirement Residence.
"This was such a worthwhile project for everyone! The elderly people had some one new to talk to and visit with while we were able to learn from them and give of our time."
Serves Day: Grade Nine
Service Project: Southview Alliance ‘to-do’ list and Waldon community clean-up.
We got a lot done in a short time, and it felt good to know we were helping out. I think it showed a good example of teens to the community. We liked working with our friends and listening to music. A couple of us invited some people in the neighbourhood to come to church.