We would like to take this opportunity to thank both Mr. Carter and Ms. Snell for their many years of dedication and service as teachers here at TCS. Ms. Snell joined us in 2006 and Mr. Carter in 2002. That is 32 years of service between the two of them! Both have had a tremendous impact in the lives of both students and staff members throughout their time here.
Here are a few fun facts you may not know about Mr. Carter and Ms. Snell.
- Focused on teaching various subject in Grades 5 and 6 during his 18 years
- Had the opportunity to teach his passion to students – music
- Taught Junior High Praise Band and Grades 4-6 music
- Came to TCS with extensive experience – 14 years of teaching band as well as playing trumpet in numerous orchestras including Calgary Youth Orchestra, Victoria Symphony and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Mr. Carter will truly miss his connection with the students through music.
- Helped lead Safety Patrols throughout his 18 years at TCS
- The team own many awards including the Grand Champion in 2009-10
- Has a great sense of humour. Mr. Carter was a great sport when he was one of our first teachers pied during our Walkathon assembly.
Please join us in thanking him and wishing him a wonderful retirement where he hopes to spend his time fishing, hiking and being involved in PATHS Ministry.
- Ms. Snell focused her teaching in Grades 5 and 6 but also taught JH Study Skills and, one of our most popular JH Options, Foods.
- Ms. Snell’s favourite memories at TCS were witnessing some of her students experiencing unexpected successes including singing solos and acting in plays. She will definitely miss the special relationships she has had with her “kids”.
- Ms. Snell’s granddaughter attends TCS.
- Involved in many different extra-curricular activities: Safety Patrols, Walkathon & Elementary Leadership
Believe it or not, Ms. Snell, will miss writing lesson plans but she is more excited what retirement will bring. Her retirement to do list includes travel (when borders open), write a book, supervise student teachers for Ambrose, and learn some new things like pickleball. Please join us in thanking Ms. Snell on her contribution to TCS and wishing her a fun filled retirement.